207 High St. Natchez, MS 39120
Wednesday. 4pm - 9pm
Thursday 4pm - 9pm Pub Quiz, game starts at 6.30pm (early arrival is advised, seating is first come first serve)
Friday 4pm - 9pm
Saturday 12pm - 9pm
Sundays 12pm - 6pm
Tours are available Fridays and Saturdays only and a reservation is required.
Please call 828 788 3315 for reservations.
Also please 'like' us and 'follow' us on social media for the what is happening at the brewery and all our most up to date information.
While we are usually brewing, packaging, cleaning etc during the day during the week, packaged beer is available to purchase to go.
The Taproom is available to be booked for private events, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org for information and availability.
BRICK OVEN PIZZA
Located inside the brewery, Pizza Lab serves up freshly made brick oven pizza during the brewery's taprooms hours.
Pizza Lab is a separate business from the brewery, so orders and payment are made at the kitchen service window to the left of the bar.
Orders can also be made by phone at (601) 392 2006 or online at www.eatpizzalab.com
Please follow us on our social media platforms for the most up to date information.
About the Steamers of Natchez
The first Natchez was a low pressure sidewheel steamboat built in New York City in 1823. It originally ran between New Orleans and Natchez, Mississippi, and later catered to Vicksburg, Mississippi. Its most notable passenger was Marquis de Lafayette, the French hero of the American Revolutionary War, in 1825. Fire destroyed it, while in New Orleans, on September 4, 1835.
Was the first built for Captain Thomas P. Leathers, at Crayfish Bayou, and ran from 1845 to 1848. It was a fast two-boiler boat, 175 feet (53 m) long, with red smokestacks, that sailed between New Orleans and Vicksburg, Mississippi. It was built in Cincinnati, Ohio, Leathers sold it in 1848. It was abandoned in 1852.
Was funded by the sale of the first. It was 191 feet (58 m) long. Leathers operated it from 1848 to 1853. On March 10, 1866, it sank at Mobile, Alabama due to rotting.
Was built in Cincinnati, Ohio. It was 270 feet (82 m) long, had six boilers, and could hold 4,000 bales of cotton. It operated for six weeks. On January 1, 1854, the ship collided with the Pearl at Plaquemine, Louisiana, causing the Pearl to sink. A wharf fire on February 5, 1854 at New Orleans caused it to burn down, as did 10-12 other ships.
Was also built in Cincinnati, as Captain Leathers returned there quickly after the destruction of the third. It was also six boilers, but this one could hold 4,400 cotton bales. This one was used by Leathers until 1859. In 1860 it was destroyed while serving as a wharfboat at Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Was again a Cincinnati-built boat. The sixth Natchez, owned and commanded by Captain Thomas P. Leathers. If there was a faster boat on the Mississippi, nobody had proven it by 1870. It was 273 feet (83 m) long. The capacity was 5,000 cotton bales but the power remained the same. It helped transport Jefferson Davis from his river plantation home on the Mississippi River after he heard he was chosen president of the Confederacy. Even after the war, Davis would insist on using Leather's boats to transport him to and from his plantation, Brierfield. On March 13, 1863, it was burned either by accident or to keep it out of Union hands at Honey Island. Remains were raised from the river in 2007.
Was launched August 2, 1879 by the Cincinnati Marine Ways. It was 303.5 feet (92.5 m) long, with a beam of 45.5 feet (13.9 m), 38.5 feet (11.7 m) floor, and 10 feet (3.0 m) hold depth. It had eight steel boilers that were 36 feet (11 m) long and had a diameter of 42 inches (1,100 mm), and thirteen engines. It had 47 elegant staterooms. The total cost of the boat was $125,000. Declaring that the War was over, on March 4, 1885, Leathers raised the American flag when the new Natchez passed by Vicksburg, the first time he hoisted the American flag on one of his ships since 1860. By 1887 lack of business had stymied the Natchez. In 1888 it was renovated back to perfect condition for $6000. In January 1889 it burned down at Lake Providence, Louisiana. Captain Leathers, deciding he was too old to build a new Natchez, retired. Jefferson Davis sent a letter of condolences on January 5, 1889, to Leathers over the loss of the boat. Much of the cabin was salvageable, but the hull broke up due to sand washing within.